We are all in a hurry in our modern-day. The day does not seem to be long enough to achieve all personal and business responsibilities. Unfortunately, as a result, our self-care suffers.
Taking care of yourself should be a priority in this time where we all seem to rush around a lot. Because, if not, stress, lack of sleep, and chronic fatigue become an integral part of your daily life.
When you have your day planned to the brim, the excess can result in stress. If you plan your daily routine within your energy levels' limits, you can feel more at peace. And if you do not plan your day and let things happen sporadically, you may experience chaotic energy levels.
The best way to handle your schedule is to plan as much as you can in advance and allow yourself time for a self-care routine.
Self-Care Activity - Colouring
Self-care activities should be something that you enjoy engaging in and positively impacting your mental health. There are many activities of self-care you can choose.
Colouring adult coloring pages is a lot of fun and is easy to include in your daily self-care routine. Plus, it has many benefits.
To colour, you only need a quiet place, a piece of paper or coloring book for adults, any coloring pencils, markers, or crayons, and that is it. If you also turn on some soothing music, make yourself a cup of tea or coffee and turn off your phone, you will create your oasis of peace.
Set aside at least half an hour a day for this activity, and you will eventually notice all its advantages.
Benefits of Adult Colouring
1. It has a calming effect. It can help you reduce stress and anxiety.
2. It encourages creativity. Given that there are no rules for this activity, you can improve your coloring skill and embrace your inner artist.
3. It will improve your focus and concentration in general. While you are coloring, you will have to focus on what you are doing, eliminating negative thoughts and emotions. When it becomes a habit, it will improve your focus on other activities as well.
4. It is a great way to practice Mindfulness, and at the same time, it is a form of meditation.
5. It will help you reconnect with yourself.
Tips for Creating Your Colouring Routine
· Get to know all the colors, learn more about their meanings.
· Find coloring books and colored pencils you like.
· If you like Mandalas, get acquainted with the meaning of the Mandala you want to color. It can enhance and deepen your colouring self-care routine.
· Be persistent, even when it seems that you don't have time to do something for yourself.
· Create an atmosphere that will entice you to practice this activity every day.
· Push your boundaries, and don't be afraid to combine colors. There is nothing right or wrong when it comes to coloring.
Let your creativity run wild.