Written by experienced SEO practitioners
After 10 years of doing SEO for clients, Ryan Stewart's agency (WEBRIS) was acquired. The agency was an attractive asset because of their ability to deliver the highest quality SEO services
across hundreds of websites
and getting results every time
The key to maintaining quality while operating at scale is systems and processes.This book details the exact systems, tactics and templates used by Ryan's agency.
The book is built on the "5 Phases" approach to SEO:
- Learning - analyzing the right data to formulate a concrete SEO strategy.
- Improving - focusing on "low hanging fruit" assets where we can turn around traffic quickly.
- Building - creating new content for a website to rank for new keywords.
- Promoting - building popularity to a website with links, shares and engagement.
- Evaluating - understanding progress and analyzing data to make improvements.
Each chapter breaks down the exact tactics to apply during each phase. Every aspect of SEO is covered, from project management to technical audits.Goodie bags included in every book
Ryan's co author, David Krevitt, is a marketing automation expert who builds custom tools in the Google Suite. David expands on Ryan's strategies by introducing custom tools he built to automate the processes laid.
Most notably, The Website Quality Audit. An audit developed by Ryan to help clean up low quality pages on a website. David automates the data pulling and analysis through some fancy coding in Google Sheets. Their template is available as a free download as a part of the "goody bag" once inside the book.Here's everything covered in the bookPhase 0: An Introduction To Seo
Phase 1: The Discovery Process
- What Exactly Is "SEO"?
- Why You Need SEO
- A Breakdown Of How Search Engines Work
- What Makes Websites "Rank"?
- The Evolution Of SEO
- Where SEO Is Heading
- 3 Core Concepts For An Evergreen SEO Strategy
- Our Evergreen Approach to SEO
Phase 2: The Improving Process
- 7 Key Questions You Need To Ask Before You Start A Campaign
- How To Analyze Your Website's Numbers
- Taking A Close Look At Your Top Competitors
- How To Manage Your SEO Campaign
Phase 3: The Building Process
- Full-Website Quality Audit
- Basic SEO Assets Audit
- In-depth Keyword Analysis
- Putting Together A List Of "Target Pages"
- "On Page" SEO Audit
Phase 5: The Evaluation Process
- Auditing Your Existing Content
- Filling In Your "Keyword Gaps"
- Coming Up With New Topic Ideas (And Making Sure You Can Compete)
- Building A Content Calendar
- Create Or Update? An Introduction To Publishing Great Content
- Phase 4: The Promotion Process
- Link Building 101 (And Beyond)
- The Current State of Links
- Influencers, Social Media, And Links
Appendix: Tools & Resources
- Creating A Web Analytics Measurement Plan
- Evaluating Your Campaign's Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Building Your Own SEO Report (Using My Full Template)
- By Julia McCoy: 7 Steps To Maintaining Content For A Lasting Presence
- Why SEO Is An Ongoing Process (And What Your Next Steps Should Be)
- Cheat Sheet: # Tools Mentioned In The SEO Blueprint
- Done-For-You: How To Hire Webris to Scale & Automate
- DIY/Learn: Get Access to Ryan’s Advanced SEO Training Membership