Can a change in heart posture make a difference in how we impact others through our relationships?Facing the Giants
tells the story of Coach Grant Taylor and his Shiloh Christian Academy football team. By embracing a new philosophy that teaches the players to use their competitive experience to bring glory to God, the team is able to face their giants both on the field and in their lives.Facing the Giants Companion Activities
guides students to see that trials in our lives are an opportunity to trust God's plan for us and all of our activities and experiences are a chance to praise Him for the blessings he provides.
In order to complete these activities students will need to watch the movie Facing the Giants
, which has a rating of PG and a run time of 1 hour and 52 minutes.WARNING:
This is a DEEP LEARNING lesson plan to help students employ a LEADERSHIP approach to SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL LEARNING.
The activities in this lesson will challenge students to move closer to mastery in the following skills: leadership, cooperation with others, creativity, critical thinking, emotional intelligence, problem solving, and judgment and decision making.
Each of our Companion Activities lesson plans includes the following activities:
- Reflection: allows students to journal about one of the movie's themes prior to watching.
- Analysis: questions and prompts to analyze the characters, plot, and climax of the movie.
- Practice & Discussion: a partner/group activity that takes the principles of the movie and asks students to take action and grow in their own lives.
- Extension: a RAFT (Role-Audience-Format-Topic) writing prompt to help students apply their new knowledge.
- Lead for Impact: challenges students to pinpoint how the hero of the story exhibited The 12 Fundamentals of Success and then synthesize how they can apply the lessons to writing their own story.
This product is also part of the following bundles:Building Champions: Mega Bundle Access to ALL our Movie Companion ActivitiesClick Here to return to LESSON PLANS