How far will you go to achieve the dreams deep inside your heart?
What will you sacrifice to do something most don't believe is possible?Rudy
tells the inspiring story of Daniel "Rudy" Ruettiger who followed his dream to play football at the University of Notre Dame. With the odds stacked against him, Rudy proved that there are no limits to what you can achieve when you believe in yourself and never give up.Rudy Companion Activities
will guide students to see the real value of winning comes from the character we invest in the pursuit of excellence and that we need to enjoy the relationships we grow during our journey.
In order to complete these activities students will need to watch the movie Rudy
, which has a rating of PG and a run time of 1 hour and 56 minutes.WARNING:
This is a DEEP LEARNING lesson plan to help students employ a LEADERSHIP approach to SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL LEARNING.
The activities in this lesson will challenge students to move closer to mastery in the following skills: leadership, cooperation with others, creativity, critical thinking, emotional intelligence, problem solving, and judgment and decision making.
Each of our Companion Activities lesson plans includes the following activities:
- Reflection: allows students to journal about one of the movie's themes prior to watching.
- Analysis: questions and prompts to analyze the characters, plot, and climax of the movie.
- Practice & Discussion: a partner/group activity that takes the principles of the movie and asks students to take action and grow in their own lives.
- Extension: a RAFT (Role-Audience-Format-Topic) writing prompt to help students apply their new knowledge.
- Lead for Impact: challenges students to pinpoint how the hero of the story exhibited The 12 Fundamentals of Success and then synthesize how they can apply the lessons to writing their own story.
This product is also part of the following bundles:Building Champions: Mega Bundle Access to ALL our Movie Companion ActivitiesClick Here to return to LESSON PLANS