Is the team more important than individual glory?
Can team chemistry help a group achieve something which seems impossible?Miracle
portrays one of the most iconic moments in United States sports history as the 1980 U.S. Hockey Team defeated the Soviet Union to win the gold medal. Coach Herb Brooks brings a new style to the team that eventually helps unite them as they represent not just themselves, but an entire country.Miracle Companion Activities
helps students learn what it means to play for the name on the front of the jersey rather than the back of it.
In order to complete these activities students will need to watch the movie Miracle
, which has a rating of PG and a run time of 2 hours and 16 minutes.WARNING:
This is a DEEP LEARNING lesson plan to help students employ a LEADERSHIP approach to SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL LEARNING.
The activities in this lesson will challenge students to move closer to mastery in the following skills: leadership, cooperation with others, creativity, critical thinking, emotional intelligence, problem solving, and judgment and decision making.
Each of our Companion Activities lesson plans includes the following activities:
- Reflection: allows students to journal about one of the movie's themes prior to watching.
- Analysis: questions and prompts to analyze the characters, plot, and climax of the movie.
- Practice & Discussion: a partner/group activity that takes the principles of the movie and asks students to take action and grow in their own lives.
- Extension: a RAFT (Role-Audience-Format-Topic) writing prompt to help students apply their new knowledge.
- Lead for Impact: challenges students to pinpoint how the hero of the story exhibited The 12 Fundamentals of Success and then synthesize how they can apply the lessons to writing their own story.
This product is also part of the following bundles:Building Champions: Mega Bundle Access to ALL our Movie Companion ActivitiesClick Here to return to LESSON PLANS