We shouldn't judge a book by its cover and we shouldn't do the same with our fellow human beings either. Because underneath every person's outward appearance is a story which contains lessons for us to learn.Radio
is the heart-warming movie about the relationship between Coach Harold Jones and James "Radio" Kennedy. When Coach Jones befriends Radio and has him help his high school football team it brings joy to the sidelines.
But not everyone thinks Radio's presence is the best idea. Eventually, Radio is told he can't be around the football team or at the school. And Coach Jones questions whether trying to help Radio was the right thing to do.Radio Companion Activities
highlights the importance of kindness, integrity, and truth and shows the effect that one person's love can have on others.
There is no doubt this truly magnificent story will impact anyone who sees it!
In order to complete these activities students will need to watch the movie Radio
, which has a rating of PG and a run time of 1 hour and 49 minutes.WARNING:
This is a DEEP LEARNING lesson plan to help students employ a LEADERSHIP approach to SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL LEARNING.
The activities in this lesson will challenge students to move closer to mastery in the following skills: leadership, cooperation with others, creativity, critical thinking, emotional intelligence, problem solving, and judgment and decision making
Each of our Companion Activities lesson plans includes the following activities:
- Reflection: allows students to journal about one of the movie's themes prior to watching.
- Analysis: questions and prompts to analyze the characters, plot, and climax of the movie.
- Practice & Discussion: a partner/group activity that takes the principles of the movie and asks students to take action and grow in their own lives.
- Extension: a RAFT (Role-Audience-Format-Topic) writing prompt to help students apply their new knowledge.
- Lead for Impact: challenges students to pinpoint how the hero of the story exhibited The 12 Fundamentals of Success and then synthesize how they can apply the lessons to writing their own story.
This product is also part of the following bundles:Building Champions: Mega Bundle Access to ALL our Movie Companion ActivitiesClick Here to return to LESSON PLANS