We all want to win...and no one believes they will cheat to do it.
But when the stress to maintain our positions, status, and reputation lies in the scoreboard, we are faced with decisions which blur the line between right and wrong.Blue Chips
is story about a college basketball coach facing the pressures to win or possibly lose his job. In a world of behind-the-scenes deals, Coach Pete Bell claims to have a clean program, but when the pressure mounts after two straight losing seasons, will he corrupt his program for a chance to win a national championship? Blue Chips Companion Activities
helps students identify the moral dilemmas facing players and coaches in the world of college athletics.
In order to complete these activities students will need to watch the movie Blue Chips
, which has a rating of PG-13 for language and a run time of 1 hour and 48 minutes.WARNING:
This is a DEEP LEARNING lesson plan to help students employ a LEADERSHIP approach to SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL LEARNING.
The activities in this lesson will challenge students to move closer to mastery in the following skills: leadership, cooperation with others, creativity, critical thinking, emotional intelligence, problem solving, and judgment and decision making.
Each of our Companion Activities lesson plans includes the following activities:
- Reflection: allows students to journal about one of the movie's themes prior to watching.
- Analysis: questions and prompts to analyze the characters, plot, and climax of the movie.
- Practice & Discussion: a partner/group activity that takes the principles of the movie and asks students to take action and grow in their own lives.
- Extension: a RAFT (Role-Audience-Format-Topic) writing prompt to help students apply their new knowledge.
- Lead for Impact: challenges students to pinpoint how the hero of the story exhibited The 12 Fundamentals of Success and then synthesize how they can apply the lessons to writing their own story.
This product is also part of the following bundles:Building Champions: Mega Bundle Access to ALL our Movie Companion ActivitiesClick Here to return to LESSON PLANS