We can learn a lot from our sports experience...with the right mindset and a little help from mentors along the way.
During World War II, a professional all-female baseball league was formed in the Midwest to bring excitement and a break from the war. Through action and comedy, A League of Their Own
shows the story of sisters Dottie Hinson and Kit Keller who led the way as the women battled to prove they could play ball too.A League of Their Own Companion Activities
shows students the good and bad of our experiences help us develop our character and share our gifts with the world.
In order to complete these activities students will need to watch the movie A League of Their Own
, which has a rating of PG and a run time of 2 hours and 8 minutes.WARNING:
This is a DEEP LEARNING lesson plan to help students employ a LEADERSHIP approach to SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL LEARNING.
The activities in this lesson will challenge students to move closer to mastery in the following skills: leadership, cooperation with others, creativity, critical thinking, emotional intelligence, problem solving, and judgment and decision making.
Each of our Companion Activities lesson plans includes the following activities:
- Reflection: allows students to journal about one of the movie's themes prior to watching.
- Analysis: questions and prompts to analyze the characters, plot, and climax of the movie.
- Practice & Discussion: a partner/group activity that takes the principles of the movie and asks students to take action and grow in their own lives.
- Extension: a RAFT (Role-Audience-Format-Topic) writing prompt to help students apply their new knowledge.
- Lead for Impact: challenges students to pinpoint how the hero of the story exhibited The 12 Fundamentals of Success and then synthesize how they can apply the lessons to writing their own story.
This product is also part of the following bundles:Building Champions: Mega Bundle Access to ALL our Movie Companion ActivitiesClick Here to return to LESSON PLANS