This pack contains a series of 5 worksheets (with accompanying solutions).
Each worksheet includes 15 questions, one on each of the following topics:
1. Collecting like terms (+/-)
2. Simplifying simple expressions ()
3. Expanding a single bracket
4. Expanding two single brackets and simplifying the result
5. Factorising a simple expression
6. Solving ‘one-step’ equations (+/-)
7. Solving ‘one-step’ equations ()
8. Solving ‘one-step’ equations ()
9. Solving ‘two-step’ equations
10. Solving ‘two-step’ equations with a bracket
11. Solving ‘three-step’ equations (letters on both sides)
12. Solving ‘two-step’ inequalities
13. Specifying values that satisfy an ‘open’ inequality
14. Specifying values that satisfy a ‘closed’ inequality
15. Representing an inequality on a number line
HOW COULD I USE A SKILL DRILL?
That’s entirely up to you! Below are some suggestions though:
• Over a week or two to check progress as you ‘attack’ these topics in lessons
• As a diagnostic tool with a new group
• Set as a homework
• As a starter activity once a week to check skill retention after covering these
WHO IS THIS SKILL DRILL FOR?
This Skill Drill is primarily targeted at Foundation GCSE students aiming for a C. Although few of the included skills in this particular drill are ‘Grade C skills’ in and of themselves, they are still common weaknesses for such students.
ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW?
The included student tracker is ideal to allow students to track their own progress on each topic across the 5 drills.
A full preview is available on our website teemaths.com