Are you crazy enough to believe in your dreams even when no one else does?Invincible
is the underdog story of Vince Papale, who took advantage of an open tryout under new coach Dick Vermeil to become a 30-year-old rookie with the Philadelphia Eagles. Papale's shows he has the heart to be a true champion.Invincible Companion Activities
emphasizes the importance of taking risks, believing in yourself, and how courage can inspire others and give them hope.
In order to complete these activities students will need to watch the movie Invincible
, which has a rating of PG and a run time of 1 hour and 45 minutes.WARNING:
This is a DEEP LEARNING lesson plan to help students employ a LEADERSHIP approach to SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL LEARNING..
The activities in this lesson will challenge students to move closer to mastery in the following skills: leadership, cooperation with others, creativity, critical thinking, emotional intelligence, problem solving, and judgment and decision making.
Each of our Companion Activities lesson plans includes the following activities:
- Reflection: allows students to journal about one of the movie's themes prior to watching.
- Analysis: questions and prompts to analyze the characters, plot, and climax of the movie.
- Practice & Discussion: a partner/group activity that takes the principles of the movie and asks students to take action and grow in their own lives.
- Extension: a RAFT (Role-Audience-Format-Topic) writing prompt to help students apply their new knowledge.
- Lead for Impact: challenges students to pinpoint how the hero of the story exhibited The 12 Fundamentals of Success and then synthesize how they can apply the lessons to writing their own story.
This product is also part of the following bundles:Building Champions: Mega Bundle Access to ALL our Movie Companion ActivitiesClick Here to return to LESSON PLANS