Looking for Solid, Easy to Use Job Interview Advice Based on Interviews that Actually Get Jobs?
Congratulations! After several steps in the application process, you got the email you’ve been looking for: an interview for your dream job.
The company is impressed with you so far and wants to meet you. They’re scheduling interviews two days from now.
That’s when the excitement turns to overwhelm.
Maybe it’s been a while since your last job interview or the last one didn’t turn out the way you hoped.
Or maybe it’s just the nature of the beast.
A quick internet search reveals job interview horror stories
and the thousand things you must do in the interview to impress the hiring manager (or at least not mess up).
Clearly, you’re not the only one going through this ordeal.
While some of these stories may be slightly exaggerated, there are several reasons why the interview is viewed as the most difficult part of the job application process
Beyond dealing with the immense number of interview details and how to prepare them, you need to find that elusive X factor in order to stand out from other candidates
. And it’s different for every company and interviewer.With so many things to do, where do you start?
“Stand Out at the Job Interview to Land the Coveted Job” pinpoints the most important things you need to nail to keep the process manageable while still helping you ace the interview.
From the fundamentals to building your confidence with smooth interviews to the advanced techniques that really help push you over the top, you’ll get step-by-step guidance and examples to keep preparation straightforward.
In “Stand Out at the Job Interview to Land the Coveted Job,” you’ll discover:
- Interview preparation checklist so you don't overlook anything critical
- Detailed interview process and ways to approach each step
- Core interview questions and how to answer them impactfully
- How to design your resume to support your interviews
- Different types of interviewers and how to effectively engage each
- Strong and safe ways to make a positive impression and be remembered
- Industry-specific interview advice
- Pitfalls to avoid during the interview
- Powerful body language techniques for making a good impression
- Adapting your interview style to different types of interviews (e.g. group, social)
Author Ernest Enabulele is a seasoned HR professional with decades of experience. He’s been on both sides of the table for hundreds of interviews. Ernest interviews professionals across the board from entry-level to the executive suite.
The wisdom for “Stand Out at the Job Interview to Land the Coveted Job” comes from the great interviews (and mistakes) given at the most beginner level through the most advanced.
There are some things that make a bigger difference than others in the hiring decision.
Rather than throw the kitchen sink at you, with more advice than you can possibly use, you´ll get the key insights that really matter.