Make It Work - Conventional Fire Alarms - Desktop
Compliance with the Fire Alarm Code is necessary for Life-Safety, but understanding the fire alarm system is needed for the compliance.
In order to comply with the Code, “Make It Work – Conventional Fire Alarms” shows how a fire alarm system works.
- Life-Safety – Why a Fire Alarm System is wired so weirdly in the first place
- Class A and Class B Circuits – How the building wiring is affected by Life-Safety
- IDC (Initiating Device Circuit) – How Pull Stations, Smoke Detectors, Waterflow Switches, Etc. use Class A or B Circuit to sound the alarm
- NAC (Notification Appliance Circuit) – How the Horns and Strobes are turned on and off by the fire alarm control panel
As an added bonus:
- Standby Battery Life Expectancy is explained
- Ground Faults and why they are so dangerous is explained