What every budding new 3D artist needs to know, but everyone is afraid to say! This document is a culmination of the past five years of accomplishments and frustrations experienced by one digital artist trying to “break into 3D”. Read about and prepare yourself for some of the unexpected stressors that will take their toll on you. This collection of questions is designed to help "new" artists avoid or quickly recover from many of the pitfalls encountered when starting out in the CG industry. This guide contains insights, tips and opinions of the author that every new artist should know at the start of their own 3D journey.
* Author provides bold honest answers and opinions.
* This guide is NOT intended to circumvent Broker guidelines.
* Over 30 questions you have or will ask yourself:
- WHERE SHOULD I START?
- DO I NEED A FORMAL EDUCATION?
- WHERE CAN I GET SOME TRAINING?
- WHAT CAN I BRING TO THE TABLE?
- WHERE SHOULD I SELL MY STUFF?
- WHAT IS EXCLUSIVITY?
- DOES DAZ REQUIRE EXCLUSIVITY?
- ARE ALL ARTISTS TREATED EQUALLY?
- CAN I SELL MY OWN STUFF?
- DO I NEED A WEBSITE?
- SHOULD I PAY SOMEONE TO SELL MY STUFF?
- WILL I NEED A SPECIAL BANK ACCOUNT?
- WHY ARE EARNINGS CALLED COMMISSIONS?
- WILL I HAVE TO PAY TAXES?
- DO I HAVE TO JOIN DAZ “PA” FORUM?
- DO I HAVE TO JOIN THE “PA” CHAT ROOM?
- WILL I GET ADDITIONAL BENEFITS?
- SHOULD I FOCUS ON QUANTITY OR QUALITY?
- WHO CAN I TRUST?
- HOW DO I NETWORK WITH OTHERS?
- WHAT ARE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES?
- HOW CAN I OVERCOME DISAPPOINTMENTS?
- WILL DAZ 3D PROVIDE ME FEEDBACK?
- HOW OFTEN WILL DAZ CONTACT ME?
- HOW DO I MARKET MYSELF?
- HOW DO I ESTABLISH A CUSTOMER BASE?
- WHAT IS MY “STORE”?
- WHAT IS MY “CATALOG”?
- WHAT ARE INTRO SALES AND INTRO PRICING?
- HOW CAN I INCREASE PRODUCT SELLS?
- WHAT ARE “TRICKLE” SELLS?
- WHAT IS A BUNDLE?
- WHERE DO I RANK AMONG PA'S?
- HOW WILL I KNOW WHEN I AM SUCCESSFUL?
HOW WILL I KNOW WHEN I'M SUCCEEDING?