"Love never fails, character never quits, and with patience and persistence dreams do come true."The Pistol: Birth of a Legend
tells the story of Pistol Pete Maravich who went on to become one of the most dynamic college and professional basketball players in the history of the game. The movie focuses on Pete's 8th grade year when he joins the high school varsity basketball team and has to grow up in a hurry, both on and off the court. The Pistol Companion Activities
helps students see that with the right character our dreams can come true.
In order to complete these activities students will need to watch the movie The Pistol: Birth of a Legend
, which has a rating of G and a run time of 1 hour and 44 minutes.WARNING:
This is a DEEP LEARNING lesson plan to help students employ a LEADERSHIP approach to SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL LEARNING.
The activities in this lesson will challenge students to move closer to mastery in the following skills: leadership, cooperation with others, creativity, critical thinking, emotional intelligence, problem solving, and judgment and decision making.
Each of our Companion Activities lesson plans includes the following activities:
- Reflection: allows students to journal about one of the movie's themes prior to watching.
- Analysis: questions and prompts to analyze the characters, plot, and climax of the movie.
- Practice & Discussion: a partner/group activity that takes the principles of the movie and asks students to take action and grow in their own lives.
- Extension: a RAFT (Role-Audience-Format-Topic) writing prompt to help students apply their new knowledge.
- Lead for Impact: challenges students to pinpoint how the hero of the story exhibited The 12 Fundamentals of Success and then synthesize how they can apply the lessons to writing their own story.
This product is also part of the following bundles:Building Champions: Mega Bundle Access to ALL our Movie Companion ActivitiesClick Here to return to LESSON PLANS