Worked in the round from the bottom up, this pattern is available in two sizes. It features Feather and Fan lace, and stockinette. Both written and charted directions for the lace are included.
For the matching cowl, click here, there is a discount if you get both the cowl and hat together!
This hat is knit in the round. Stitches used include knit, purl, yo, k2tog. The pattern is suitable for the advanced beginner.
Sizes and Finished Measurements
To fit size: 52-55 (59.5-62.5) cm, 20.5-21.5 (23.5-24.5) inches.
Finished circumference at brim: 47 (56.5) cm, 18.5 (22) inches.
Length from brim to crown: 20 cm, 7.75 inches.
- Written for gauge of approx. 10 sts / 14 rounds = 10 cm (4 inches) over stockinette
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 2 pages (A4 size)
- Yarn: 100 (120) m / 109 (131) yds of Scheepjes Verona, [50% wool, 25% acrylic; 100 m (109 yds) per 100 g skein]. Substitute any multi-colored thick and thin super bulky weight yarn for a similar result.
- Needles in your preferred style for small circumference knitting in the round in the following sizes (or to match gauge): Size 6 mm (US #10) and size 7 mm (US #10.75)
- Yarn needle
- 4 (5) plain stitch markers
- 1 differently colored end-of-round stitch marker