Podcasting 101: A Saturday Morning Workshop Series Just in Time for the New Decade!
Learn how to FINALLY launch your own Podcast to increase your thought leadership--just in time for 2020! 3 Dates, 3 Workshops and you only need to buy ONE
ticket to get into all 3!1. Workshop 1
- 11/23/19 - Location: LUNA Language Services, 8935 N. Meridian, Ste. 250, Indianapolis, IN 46260, 9 AM – noon: Focus: Why Podcast?2. Workshop 2
- 12/7/19 - Location: Insights Consulting, 7830 Johnson Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46250
9 AM – noon: Focus: Tools & Technical of Podcasting3. Workshop 3
- 12/21/19 - Location: Studio B Creative Exchange, 6055 N College Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46220 9 AM – noon: Focus: Monetizing & Sustaining Your Podcast. ***NOTE: This location is accessible only by stairs.***
So - you pay the $99 fee and you can come to one, or all 3 of these workshops if you like! If you come to all 3, you're going to spend only $8.25 per hour of lecture and workshop time with the instructor!
A new decade is just around the corner. How are you establishing your personal brand, staying in front of your customers, and remaining relevant as a thought leader in your space? If podcasting is something you’ve been thinking about, say YES to this series and be ready to launch YOUR new podcast and level up your thought leadership in the NEW DECADE!
***This inaugural series is limited to a small number of learners.***Instructor:
Dr. Erin L. Albert has been podcasting since 2006 – the FIRST time podcasting was cool! She has podcasted for thousands on a network, garnering sponsors, to developing, producing, and writing her own current podcast, The Dr. Erin L. Albert Show, which is available on 9 different podcasting platforms. She has also served her day job, ASCP, as a podcast host on the ASCP International Podcast, SenioRx Radio. She’s launching a series as a promise she previously made at #SMDames19—to have a follow up workshop on podcasting. She at work also began creating continuing pharmacist education and board certified geriatric pharmacy podcast learning activities in 2019. Erin is trained both as a pharmacist and lawyer—and teaches at Butler University COPHS. More on Erin at: erinalbert.com, or at her podcast site: https://anchor.fm/dr-erin-l-albert
.Learning Objectives of this Workshop Series:
1. List reasons why you should podcast, and get laser focused on your podcast’s reason for being.
2. List free and low cost tools to start your podcast—including but not limited to: recording and aggregating platforms/hosts, cover art, schedule tips, editing tips, and publishing. Interviewing for those who wish to interview others will be covered.
3. Given a podcast niche and publication type, along with assessment of audience, apply methods of monetizing your podcast, including free and paid/revenue share tools for making $ on your podcast.
4. Start your own podcast.FAQ & Fine Print:Why 3 Workshops?
Because it’s hard to do it all in one workshop. That, and it’s near the end of the year – not everyone can make every session. That’s why it’s important to be flexible here! You can, with the purchase of ONE ticket, attend all or attend only 1 workshop if you like; there will be different content covered at all 3 workshops with a different emphasis at each one, but the basics are covered in all 3.Refund policy? Transfer policy?
No refunds, and no transfers. The earlier you buy your ticket, the lower the price will be for you. No transfers either on tickets – you are personally either firmly in, or out. We are keeping the administrative nightmares to a minimum here for all of us! We do reserve the right to cancel and provide refunds if we don’t reach at least 10 learners on this series…Will these sessions be recorded or livestreamed for workshop attendees?
No and no. You have to show up and be present live, or you’re not going to get anything out of it. These are hands on workshops. What should I bring?
Something to take extensive notes with, a laptop or device that with wifi access that can get you onto the internet. This class will be predominantly mac and iPhone based, rather than PC- and android based as an FYI. That, and bring caffeine or whatever gives you a jolt in the morning.Do I need to tell someone which of the 3 workshops I’ll be attending once I buy my ticket?
No. This is designed to hold all 20 learners for all 3 workshops. Your space is reserved…just for you. : )Will I be able to start my own podcast after attending only 1 of these sessions?
If you have a smartphone with space to download an app – YES!