The Podcasting 101 Workshop Miniseries is going ONLINE for 2020!
Learn how to FINALLY launch your own Podcast to increase your thought leadership--just in time for 2020! 3 Dates, 3 Workshops and you only need to buy ONE
ticket to get into all 3! And - best part is, you don't even have to leave home to join us! All classes will be held via Zoom online.1. Workshop 1
- 2/15/20 - 9 am ET - 11 am ET - Focus: Why Podcast? (Office hours with instructor from 11 am - noon)2. Workshop 2
- 2/29/20 - 9 am ET - 11 am ET - Focus: Tools & Technical of Podcasting (Office hours with instructor from 11 am - noon)3. Workshop 3
- 3/7/20 - 9 am ET - 11 am ET - Focus: Monetizing & Sustaining Your Podcast (Office hours with instructor from 11 am - noon)***NOTE: BY PURCHASING YOUR TICKET, YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR CONSENT TO BE RECORDED DURING ALL THREE WORKSHOPS AND DURING OFFICE HOURS ONLINE. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE RECORDED, DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS WORKSHOP.***
Per above, office hours are also available after each workshop from 11 am - noon for live students enrolled. Instructor will stay online and address any questions from learners.
A new decade is just around the corner. How are you establishing your personal brand, staying in front of your customers, and remaining relevant as a thought leader in your space? If podcasting is something you’ve been thinking about, say YES to this series and be ready to launch YOUR new podcast and level up your thought leadership in the NEW DECADE!
***Workshop space is limited.***Instructor:
Dr. Erin L. Albert has been podcasting since 2006 – the FIRST time podcasting was cool! She has podcasted for thousands on a network, garnering sponsors, to developing, producing, and writing her own current podcast, The Edutainer
with Dr. Erin L. Albert, which is available on 9 different podcasting platforms. She has also served her day job, ASCP, as a podcast host on the ASCP International Podcast, SenioRx Radio. She’s launching a series as a promise she previously made at #SMDames19—to have a follow up workshop on podcasting. She at work also began creating continuing pharmacist education and board certified geriatric pharmacy podcast learning activities in 2019. Erin is trained both as a pharmacist and lawyer—and taught for over a decade at Butler University COPHS. More on Erin at: erinalbert.com, or at her podcast site: https://anchor.fm/dr-erin-l-albert
.Learning Objectives of this Workshop Series:
1. List reasons why you should podcast, and get laser focused on your podcast’s raison d’être.
2. List free and low cost tools to start your podcast—including but not limited to: recording and aggregating platforms/hosts, cover art, schedule tips, editing tips, and publishing. Interviewing for those who wish to interview others will be covered.
3. Given a podcast niche and publication type, along with assessment of audience, apply methods of both sustaining and potentially monetizing your podcast, including free and paid/revenue share tools for making $ on your podcast.
4. Start your own podcast.FAQ & Fine Print:Why 3 Workshops?
Because it’s hard to do it all in one workshop. That, and not everyone can make every session. That’s why it’s important to be flexible here! You can, with the purchase of ONE ticket, attend all or attend only 1 workshop if you like; there will be different content covered at all 3 workshops with a different emphasis at each one, but the basics are covered in all 3.Refund policy? Transfer policy?
No refunds, and no transfers. The earlier you buy your ticket, the lower the price will be for you. No transfers either on tickets – you are personally either firmly in, or out. We are keeping the administrative nightmares to a minimum here for all of us! We do reserve the right to cancel and provide refunds if we don’t reach at least a quorum of learners on this series…Will these sessions be online and recorded?
Yes and yes. We will use Zoom. So you need a computer, and wifi or a network to get online at Zoom, a video/webinar real time product. We’ll also record them so you can play them back at your leisure. But WARNING: this is a hands on workshop series, so if you want to get your $ worth, you should attend live as much as possible. That, and podcasting changes whiplash fast. What is relevant today might not be tomorrow. No slides will be distributed to learners. ***NOTE: BY PURCHASING YOUR TICKET, YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR CONSENT TO BE RECORDED DURING ALL THREE WORKSHOPS AND DURING OFFICE HOURS ONLINE. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE RECORDED, DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS WORKSHOP.***What do I need to have to take this class online?
Something to take extensive notes with, a laptop or device that with wifi or internet access that can get you over to zoom. Zoom does have a webcam feature as well – but it’s up to you if you want us to see your smile! This class will be predominantly mac and iPhone based, rather than PC- and Android based as an FYI. That, and bring caffeine or whatever gives you a jolt in the morning.Do I need to tell someone which of the 3 workshops I’ll be attending once I buy my ticket?
No. This is designed to hold your space for you for the 3 workshops. Your space is reserved…just for you. : )Will I be able to start my own podcast after attending only 1 of these sessions?
If you have a smartphone with space to download an app – YES!