Does it seem like one minute your project is going well and then in the next minute, you've hit a brick wall?
- Team members are unmotivated and nonchalant about completing assigned project tasks
- You are missing key project deadlines because upper management is slow to respond to funding and resource requests.
- You're always fire-fighting and constantly dealing with unexpected problems causing schedule delays and cost overruns.
- Your team members are not working well together and seem to be bickering instead of cooperating and collaborating.
If any of these statements apply, your project is headed for trouble, if not already in deep trouble.
But how do you get your project back on track?
Project success hinges on the project manager’s ability to effectively lead and manage their team. This 2-part webinar series is designed to provide the fundamental skills and knowledge the Project Manager needs to build, manage, and sustain a high-performing project team, and to exercise appropriate influence to achieve the desired project outcomes while gaining the respect of people at all levels.
Join the International Society of Black Project Managers for this 2-part training series as we help you to develop strong project leadership skills to manage your team and stakeholders with ease.
In this training you will learn:
- How to build & nurture a project team that consistently delivers on project commitments.
- How to identify and remove recurring problems and other distractions so your team member are working toward the same objectives.
- When to refocus your team on what they should be doing, eliminating rescheduling and rework.
- How to avoid overwhelm from stakeholder demands and increase the likelihood of getting the approvals for funding and resources that your project needs.
Come ready to learn how to learn why some project managers seems to lead their teams with ease while others struggle to get their teams to do the work and get their stakeholder to make decisions.
In Part 1, the topics to be covered are:
- Structuring the Project Team
- Understanding Team Dynamics
- Keeping the Team on Track
- Motivating and Inspiring Your Team
In Part 2, the topics to be covered are:
- Qualities of Successful Team Leaders
- Effective Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution and Problem-Solving Strategies
- Communicating Expectations