After enormous success at the Junior College level, Mick Haley became the first coach of a non-West Coast university to win an NCAA Division I National Championship when he did it at Texas. After coaching in the Olympics, he once more led a college team to the top while running the USC program.
His resume includes:
- 2000 Olympics coach for the USA Women's National Team
- NCAA Division I National Championships with two different universities.
- 6 Junior College National Championships
- Well over 1000 career victories
- Member of multiple coaching halls of fame.
Here's some of what Mick discusses in his interview:
- Coach development and education
- Working with male vs female players
- When things aren't as good as you're used to
- Creating a volleyball powerhouse at Texas
- The influence of the international game on US coaching