SUMMARY.The 22 Immutable Laws of Branding Bite-sized branding tips from a dynamic marketing duo By Al Ries and Laura Ries
· What’s in it for me? Bite-sized branding tips from a dynamic marketing duo.
· Brands become stronger the more narrowly focused they are.
· Publicity is used to grow a brand while advertising defends its gains in the marketplace.
· The key to growth is associating your brand with a single concept and growing your market category.
· Credentials and perceptions of quality are central to building trust in a brand.
· When it comes to building a brand, you’re in it for the long haul.
· Expansion should only be undertaken when it doesn’t damage a company’s core brand identity.
· Logos are most effective when they set you apart from competitors and have a distinctive horizontal shape.
· Brand names should be short, unique and meaningful – and different from the parent company name.
· Reinventing a brand is only possible in the rarest cases.
· Final summary