Enter the world of mechatronic systems with the Raspberry Pi to design and build 12 amazing projectsAbout This Book
Who This Book Is For
- Design mechatronic systems using Raspberry Pi as the “brain”
- Impress your friends by building cool robots and interactive tools with the Raspberry Pi
- Project-based, practical approach to design and develop your own applications
This book is targeted towards beginners and intermediate designers of mechatronic systems and embedded system design. Some familiarity with the Raspberry Pi and Python programming is preferred but not required.What You Will Learn
- Prototype electronic circuits to solve problems using the Raspberry Pi
- Learn simple prototyping tools such as a laser cutter to build mechanisms that interface with the Raspberry Pi
- Interface with standard development platforms such as the Arduino and different operating systems
- Build simple tools that will help you in your day-to-day life
- Learn the nuts and bolts details of mechatronic system development through examples like a Christmas light controller and a personal health monitor
- Get to grips with the practical implementation of robotics and home automation
- Troubleshoot problems that arise during the implementation of your projects
A mechatronic system is an integration of mechanical and electronic systems designed to simplify or automate a repetitive task. The Raspberry Pi is one such low cost, low power consuming, miniature computer that can act as the brain for different types of applications.
Through 12 accessible and well-demonstrated projects, you will learn how to effectively identify and leverage the best components for your design. Beginning with a simple example of interfacing the Pi with an Arduino, you will delve into more complex projects. From a Weasley weather clock to a line-following robot, a pet monitor to a fun arcade game, you will implement powerful and entertaining projects to master the Raspberry Pi in and out.