Friendships are one of the most valuable things in our lives...but they are not always easy to come by.
Scott Smalls is the new kid in town and he figures the best way to make new friends is to start playing baseball with the local kids. In The Sandlot
, the boys experience a summer of getting into trouble and figuring out how to fix their mistakes.The Sandlot Companion Activities
highlights the great lessons from this movie about playing for the love of the game, having fun together, and doing the right thing.
In order to complete these activities students will need to watch the movie The Sandlot, which has a rating of PG and a run time of 1 hour and 41 minutes.WARNING:
This is a DEEP LEARNING lesson plan to help students employ a LEADERSHIP approach to SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL LEARNING.
The activities in this lesson will challenge students to move closer to mastery in the following skills: leadership, cooperation with others, creativity, critical thinking, emotional intelligence, problem solving, and judgment and decision making.
Each of our Companion Activities lesson plans includes the following activities:
- Reflection: allows students to journal about one of the movie's themes prior to watching.
- Analysis: questions and prompts to analyze the characters, plot, and climax of the movie.
- Practice & Discussion: a partner/group activity that takes the principles of the movie and asks students to take action and grow in their own lives.
- Extension: a RAFT (Role-Audience-Format-Topic) writing prompt to help students apply their new knowledge.
- Lead for Impact: challenges students to pinpoint how the hero of the story exhibited The 12 Fundamentals of Success and then synthesize how they can apply the lessons to writing their own story.
This product is also part of the following bundles:Building Champions: Mega Bundle Access to ALL our Movie Companion ActivitiesClick Here to return to LESSON PLANS