SUMMARY.Dollars and Sense How We Misthink Money and How to Spend Smarter By Dan Ariely and Jeff Kreisler
· What’s in it for me? Discover some of the reasons why humans stink at managing their cash.
· Irrational spending stems from not considering the alternatives and an overreliance on external signs of value.
· Without value cues, we can be poor at recognizing value or making decisions.
· Mental and emotional accounting play a big role in our decision-making, and both have their irrational tendencies.
· Language and rituals can change our perception of value.
· There are ways to boost your self-control and resist or remove the temptation to spend.
· Final summary