Modern Guitar Workbook – Fretboard Revolutions
The workbook combines traditional and innovative elements focusing on improvisation, theory, musicianship, practice, and fretboard mastery. The enclosed practice sheets and the 34 MP3 backing tracks
form a comprehensive platform for constructive and creative practice.
I have combined scales/chords/arpeggios and improvisation studies within the spectrum of a new fretboard model where the standard 15 (plus) guitar positions are reorganised into three Fretboard Areas (FBA). The bulk of information is presented in scale/chord/arpeggio diagrams, and whole fretboards modules as well as some TAB/Notation formats. There are instructions and practice tips throughout the nine sections of the book, including how to use the multi purpose play along MP3 tracks. Modern Guitar Workbook (MGW)
is suitable for intermediate and advanced level students. It can form a comprehensive reference for teachers, professionals, guitar curricula in music colleges/universities, and on line libraries. Though the material is primarily about jazz and its offshoots, the innovative approach to the fretboard, through its key elements, can be applied to other guitar styles that incorporate improvisation, such as rock, blues, metal, and funk. BACKGROUND
- The development of this book is the result of 35 years of playing, teaching, researching, listening, and inspiring personal experiences that include:
• Lessons with outstanding and generous teachers such as George Adie, Mike Stern, Charlie Banacos, Pat Martino, and Pt. Ashok Roy.
• Jams/performances/recordings with guitarists such as Martin Taylor, Pat Martino, Ike Isaacs, Vishwa Mohan Bhatt, Tommy Emanuel, and Mike Stern.INNOVATION
- The workbook incorporates traditional elements as well as new approaches within the spectrum of contemporary jazz guitar & beyond through five key-elements. CONTENT
- The material is presented in scale/chord diagrams, whole fretboards as well as some TAB/Notation formats. There are instructions and practice tips throughout the 9 sections of the book, including how to use the multi purpose 34 MP3 backing tracks.OUTCOMES
- The mastery of the key elements in conjunction with the material in MGW - Fretboard Revolutions
will deliver a thorough command of the fretboard as well as increasing levels of ear-to-hand accuracy, musicianship, technique, and improvisation skills
Modern Guitar Workbook is comprehensively tabbed and linked, so it's easy to scroll through it.www.guystrazz.com