Paulo Cunha of Portugal may have coached professionally and at the national team level, but through it all his day job was as a teacher. So he knows how to balance the demands of the two careers. Not only does he have a track record of success as a coach, but he has also directed coaching education at the national level.
His resume includes:
- Winner of 8 league titles, 7 cups, and 6 Super Cups in Portugal
- First Portuguese coach to lead a team to a European cup final four.
- 3 times Portuguese Association of Volleyball Coaches Coach of the Year
- Coached the Portuguese Junior National team
Here's some of what Paulo discusses in his interview:
- Teaching and coaching at the same time
- Making career decisions
- Managing a team with players of different status levels (pros vs. non-pros)
- Coaching the genders
- Cultural differences in coaching and players