Do you follow your gut instinct when it tells you to do something even though it may seem crazy?
Our journey often leads us back to the most important things in our lives...our relationships with family and friends.Field of Dreams Companion Activities
extracts lessons from the story of Ray Kinsella. Ray plows down his corn in order to build a baseball field in the middle of his Iowa farm after being instructed to do so by a voice. The voice continues to lead Ray through a journey that will lead him to find healing in a relationship that was full of regrets.
In order to complete these activities students will need to watch the movie Field of Dreams
, which has a rating of PG and a run time of 1 hour and 47 minutes.WARNING:
These are DEEP LEARNING activities to help students employ a LEADERSHIP approach to SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL LEARNING.
These activities will challenge students to move closer to mastery in the following skills: leadership, cooperation with others, creativity, critical thinking, emotional intelligence, problem solving, and judgment and decision making.
Each of our Companion Activities lesson plans includes the following activities to address social and emotional learning standards:
- Reflection: allows students to journal about one of the movie's themes prior to watching.
- Analysis: questions and prompts to analyze the characters, plot, and climax of the movie.
- Practice & Discussion: a partner/group activity that takes the principles of the movie and asks students to take action and grow in their own lives.
- Extension: a RAFT (Role-Audience-Format-Topic) writing prompt to help students apply their new knowledge.
- Lead for Impact: challenges students to pinpoint how the hero of the story exhibited The 12 Fundamentals of Success and then synthesize how they can apply the lessons to writing their own story.
This product is also part of the following bundles:Building Champions: Mega Bundle Access to ALL our Movie Companion ActivitiesClick Here to return to LESSON PLANS