- Five subsequent chapters cover over 40 action poses in the following categories:
- Chapter 1: Action (e.g. running and jumping)
- Chapter 2: Martial Arts (e.g. punching and kicking)
- Chapter 3: Interacting (e.g. judo holds and high fives)
- Chapter 4: Weapons (e.g. swords and knives)
- Chapter 5: Reacting (e.g. dodging a punch or taking a punch)
Each pose and movement is illustrated with a rough sketch outline followed by a highlighted manga drawing containing detailed annotations by the author. After studying the sketches, you practice the drawing techniques at the end of each chapter. Each chapter also provides professional tips on the use of color and shading for greater realism.
Special sections contain information and tips on particular topics of interest, such as how to draw clothes, hair and facial expressions or how to create special effects. At the end of the book, an actual 6-page comic strip gives readers the opportunity to practice what they have learned by filling in the missing elements.