Joyce's Choices - Social Story - MINDSET
MINDSET - INSTRUCTIONS - Better Ways to Happy Days ©
Clear, consistent, universal, expectations and consequences, means educated behaviour choices
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE BOOK:
· Print colour pages
· Laminate front and back pages
· Spiral bind or punch and put in a file or punch and use ring clips
· Use PDF to read story from your computer or whiteboard
· Print from page 2 only, for low ink version
· Introduce the story as a reminder that happiness is a choice
· Remind students, that with positive self-talk we can turn any difficult situation around
· Read the back of the book and discuss the ideas in the story and how students may relate. Talk about ways to turn the thoughts around e.g. ask for help, follow the lead of peers, change your self-talk to positives
Check out our other Social, Emotional, Behavioural and Academic Resources at
Better Ways to Happy Days
BWTHD has a range of resources that use consistent language and can be implemented throughout your school as whole school behaviour management tools. Consistency is key. Why not become a Better Ways School today?
If you like our resources please like our page, share and follow. Thank you.