SUMMARY.The Passion Paradox A Guide to Going All In, Finding Success, and Discovering the Benefits of an Unbalanced Life By Brad Stulberg and Steve Magness
- · What’s in it for me? Discover the science behind passion and how it can change your life.
- · Passion has linguistic roots in suffering, and its biological mechanism ties in with addiction.
- · Pursuing perfection will likely stop you attaining your passion; try an incremental approach instead.
- · Passions can sometimes become unhealthy and driven by fear or obsession.
- · The best kinds of passions are self-sustaining and not validated by external rewards or fear.
- · Instead of attempting to achieve balance, supplement your passion with self-awareness.
- · When it’s time to move on from your passion, it’s important to do so in a constructive way.
- · Final summary