* SCRIBUS DESKTOP PUBLISHING
* INKSCAPE FREEHAND ILLUSTRATOR
* GNU IMAGE EDITING SUITE
* POSTER CREATOR
SCRIBUS DESKTOP PUBLISHING
The Desktop Publishing software brings you award-winning professional page layout to Windows desktops with a combination of "press-ready" output and new approaches to page layout.
Underneath the modern and user friendly interface, it supports professional publishing features, such as CMYK color, separations, ICC color management and versatile PDF creation.
This very powerful application is capable of a broad set of desktop publishing needs. Create club newsletters to small newspaper productions to animated interactive PDF presentations to corporate stationery and brochures, small posters and other documents which need flexible layout and/or the ability to output to professional quality image-setting equipment.
INKSCAPE FREEHAND ILLUSTRATOR
Freehand Illustrator is a vector graphics editor, with capabilities similar to Illustrator, Freehand, CorelDraw, or Xara X using the W3C standard Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) file format. Supported SVG features include shapes, paths, text, markers, clones, alpha blending, transforms, gradients, patterns, and grouping.
The software also supports meta-data, node editing, layers, complex path operations, bitmap tracing, text-on-path, flowed text, direct XML editing, and more. You can import formats such as JPEG, PNG, TIFF, and others and exports PNG as well as multiple vector-based formats.
GNU IMAGE EDITING SUITE
Welcome to the Image Editing Suite. This software has many features and capabilities. You'll be enhancing your favorite photographs and editing your graphic designs in no time. With a full user manual and tutorials included you will have everything you need to get you started.
It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter and much more.
The software is ideal for advanced photo retouching techniques. Get rid of unneeded details using the clone tool, or touch up minor details easily with the new healing tool. With the perspective clone tool, it's not difficult to clone objects with perspective in mind just as easily as with the orthogonal clone.
The Poster Creator cuts a raster image into pieces which can afterwards be printed out and assembled to a poster. The resulting poster is saved as a multipage PDF document. An easy to use, wizard like user interface guides you through the 5 steps.
* Input image formats: BMP, DDS, Dr. Halo, GIF, ICO, IFF, JBIG, JPEG/JIF, KOALA, LBM, Kodak PhotoCD, PCX, PBM, PGM, PNG, PPM, PhotoShop PSD, Sun RAS, TARGA, TIFF, WBMP, XBM, XPM
* Image types: Monochrome, Grayscale, 4 Bit palette, 8 Bit palette, 24 Bit RGB, 48 Bit RGB (only via TIFF and PNG), 32 Bit CMYK (only via TIFF) and 32 Bit RGBA.
* Dimension Units used include mm, cm, inch, ft, pt (72th inch)
* Printer page layout: DIN A4, DIN A3, Legal, Letter, Tabloid. The size limit for one page is 5 meters (16.4 feet), which is the maximum that PDF allows.
* Poster size: Absolute image size, Size in Pages and Image Size in percent.
* Image tile overlapping
Windows and MacOS Compatible:
* Windows XP
* Windows Vista
* Windows 7
* Windows 8
* Windows 8.1
* Windows 10
This software is compatible with all Intel based Mac computers from MacOS 10.6 Snow Leopard to the latest new release.