Can the team become stronger than the hatred trying to tear them apart?Remember the Titans
tells the story of the football team at T.C. Williams High School in Alexandria, Virginia in 1971. The school, football team, and community all battle the important issue of race as the school is integrated for the first time. Both on and off the field, we find out that character prevails over race in this classic that all ages will love.Remember the Titans Companion Activities
provides activities to help students become better leaders for their classrooms, schools, and communities.
In order to complete these activities students will need to watch the movie Remember the Titans
, which has a rating of PG and a run time of 2 hours.WARNING
: These are DEEP LEARNING activities to help students employ a LEADERSHIP approach to SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL LEARNING.
These activities will challenge students to move closer to mastery in the following skills: leadership, cooperation with others, creativity, critical thinking, emotional intelligence, problem solving, and judgment and decision making.
Each of our Companion Activities lesson plans includes the following activities to address social and emotional learning standards:
- Reflection: allows students to journal about one of the movie's themes prior to watching.
- Analysis: questions and prompts to analyze the characters, plot, and climax of the movie.
- Practice & Discussion: a partner/group activity that takes the principles of the movie and asks students to take action and grow in their own lives.
- Extension: a RAFT (Role-Audience-Format-Topic) writing prompt to help students apply their new knowledge.
- Lead for Impact: challenges students to pinpoint how the hero of the story exhibited The 12 Fundamentals of Success and then synthesize how they can apply the lessons to writing their own story.
This product is also part of the following bundles:Building Champions: Mega Bundle Access to ALL our Movie Companion ActivitiesClick Here to return to LESSON PLANS