SUMMARY.Shoe Dog by Phil Knight
· What’s in it for me? Follow the quirky beginnings and meteoric rise of a footwear empire.
· Nike’s path to success started with a “crazy idea” and a trip around the world.
· Phil Knight’s former running coach modified the early Tiger shoes they received and put Blue Ribbon in play.
· Talented eccentrics made up the early Blue Ribbon team, and they all helped make key decisions.
· Lawsuits brought by Onitsuka and the government threatened Nike, but the company persevered.
· Phil Knight feared an IPO would taint the unique culture at Nike, yet its spirit stayed strong.
· Through improving factory working conditions and treating sponsored athletes well, Nike strives to stay true to its values.
· Final summary