12 posters for being productive
12 things highly productive people do differently
- Create and observe a TO-DON’T list. – A ‘TO-DON’T list’ is a list of things not to do.
- Organize your space and data. – Highly productive people have systems in place to help them find what they need when they need it . Read Getting Things Done.
- Ruthlessly eliminate distractions while you work. – Eliminating all distractions for a set time while you work is one of the most effective ways to get things done.
- Set and pursue S.M.A.R.T. goals. – These goals must be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely. Read more about this here.
- Break down goals into realistic, high impact tasks. – Take your primary goal and divide it into smaller and smaller chunks until you have a list of realistic tasks, each of which can be accomplished in a few hours or less.
- Work when your mind is fresh, and put first things first. – Highly productive people recognize that not all hours are created equal
- Focus on being productive, not being busy. – Don’t just get things done; get the right things done. Read The 4-Hour Workweek.
- Commit your undivided attention to one thing at a time. – Stop multi-tasking, and start getting the important things done properly.
- Work in 90 minute intervals. – Schwartz says, “There is a rhythm in our bodies that operates in 90-minute intervals.
- Reply to emails, voicemails, and texts at a set times.
- Invest a little time to save a lot of time. – How can you spend a little time right now in order to save a lot of time in the future?
- Narrow the number of ventures you’re involved in. – In other words, say “no” when you should.