Belgian Vital Heynen became a coach after a distinguished career playing volleyball for club and country. His experience as a player has strongly influenced his coaching philosophy, though perhaps not in the way you might think. This is something he talks about in his interview.
His resume includes:
- Gold Medal coaching Poland in the 2018 World Championships, Bronze at 2019 Volleyball Nations League
- Bronze Medal coaching Germany in the 2014 World Championships
- 3 Cups and 3 Super-Cups in Germany
- 4 league titles, 5 Cups, and 4 Super Cups in the Belgian league.
- 2 CEV Cup medals
- Additional professional coaching experience in Poland and Turkey:
Here's some of what Vital share discusses in his interview:
- Managing cultural diversity in a team
- His philosophy of training
- Putting together a coaching staff
- Developing the concept of team
- Expectations and playing time