This white paper is written for people who are considering investing in a company whose business primarily focuses on their mobile application.
It doesn't center around the general business but instead looks at the different aspects to be aware of when investing in something that is centered around a mobile application.
A snippet of questions:
- Is it a true native app, or is it a website loaded into a browser-app?
- Has the app ever been penalized by any of the app stores for violations of their terms?
- How many installs does the app have - and have any of those installs been purchased or in other ways, incentivized?
- Are there any restrictions in the app stores preventing users from downloading and installing based on country, age, or other factors?
- Is there any legacy technical debt (the concept of building on "bad code") that hinders future development?
- What permissions is the app requesting from the users?
- Has the app been tested for bugs and user interface issues by a third party?
- The technologies used, are they considered robust and modern and supported in the years to come?
- Have any templates been used in the development?
- In the case that the app got featured in the app store as an “app of the month,” would it be able to handle an explosion in downloads?
... and 65 other questions.
The white paper is six pages and contains 75 crucial and relevant questions that you need to include in your due diligence process before you invest in a mobile app. The white paper is also useful if you are an app developer or are planning to launch your business and base it on an app.