Do you know what your one true authentic swing is?
Rannulph Junuh had lost his swing. A hero for his prowess on the golf courses of Savannah, Georgia, Junuh suffered from his experiences during World War I and hung up his clubs. But when his former girlfriend puts together an exhibition match with two of the country's greatest golfers, Junuh finds himself on the course again.
But this time, he has a mysterious caddie named Bagger Vance who gives him some unusual advice. Rannulph Junuh he had never truly lost his swing, but that he simply needed to look inside himself to discover what he was born with.The Legend of Bagger Vance Companion Activities
will help students understand what it means to be present and enjoy the activities we participate in as well as why we should search for what Bagger calls our "one true authentic swing."
In order to complete these activities students will need to watch the movie The Legend of Bagger Vance
, which has a rating of PG-13 (brief but bloody battle scene, brief mild language, brief sexual references, and inexplicit sexual situations) and a run time of 2 hours and 7 minutes.WARNING:
This is a DEEP LEARNING lesson plan to help students employ a LEADERSHIP approach to SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL LEARNING.
These activities will challenge students to move closer to mastery in the following skills: leadership, cooperation with others, creativity, critical thinking, emotional intelligence, problem solving, and judgment and decision making.
Each of our Companion Activities lesson plans includes the following activities:
- Reflection: allows students to journal about one of the movie's themes prior to watching.
- Analysis: questions and prompts to analyze the characters, plot, and climax of the movie.
- Practice & Discussion: a partner/group activity that takes the principles of the movie and asks students to take action and grow in their own lives.
- Extension: a RAFT (Role-Audience-Format-Topic) writing prompt to help students apply their new knowledge.
- Lead for Impact: challenges students to pinpoint how the hero of the story exhibited The 12 Fundamentals of Success and then synthesize how they can apply the lessons to writing their own story.
This product is also part of the following bundles:Building Champions: Mega Bundle Access to ALL our Movie Companion ActivitiesClick Here to return to LESSON PLANS