The free event that isn't free
I need to talk about free work.
Are you earning what you want to be earning in your business? Absolutely no judgement if you are not.
For years, I offered so much for free...
My experience, talent, skills, time, knowledge...
I trekked half way across London (and the country), I did favours, I was uncomfortable to ask about payment, I was grateful for the opportunity, I hoped it would lead to something, I assumed there wasn't a budget, I didn't want to lose the gig...I mean the list goes on.
I don't believe there is a definitive yes/no list but during this workshop, I am going to be sharing a framework and exercises for you to apply to your business.
Over the last five years I have...
1) Changed my day rate to my hourly rate. I then changed my old monthly rate to my day rate... sometimes an hourly rate. Yes you read that correctly.
2) Found that high end services are easier to sell and will share why
3) Discovered that free value has to be strategic and discerning... I will give you a framework to figure out what to charge for, what to give for free and how to decide.
4) How to ask to be paid (and well) even if you hate talking about money
5) Why not charging could damage your reputation and brand... it doesn't translate to just being a nice person.
6) A check list to decide whether you should give something for free or not; the short term and the long term gains.
7) How 'free' can be beneficial and fit in with the rest of your pricing menu...
There will also be a q and a afterwards, so you can pick my brain freely.
Thursday 3rd October 2019
Online- link will be sent just before we go live. Full replay will be sent to you afterwards for you to keep so no problem if you can't join live.