SUMMARY.Alibaba The House That Jack Ma Built By Duncan Clark
· What’s in it for me? Meet the man who revolutionized Chinese e-commerce.
· China’s consumer habits have been changing alongside the rise of online shopping.
· The secret to Alibaba’s success lies in free basic services and excellent customer service.
· Jack Ma promotes a customer-first business philosophy while caring for his employees.
· In China, Jack Ma was an internet pioneer who overcame many logistical challenges.
· Jack Ma found the perfect name for his business in San Francisco, and his vision was clear from the start.
· Alibaba got some much-needed funding in 1999, through a fortunate connection with a US investor.
· Jack Ma found opportunities in the dot-com crisis of 2000, but it was still a tough time for Alibaba.
· Alibaba defeated eBay’s competitive challenge thanks to their understanding of Chinese culture.
· Final summary