PanelxPanel #65 - The Judd Winick Issue
This issue is The Judd Winick Issue! We speak to creator Judd Winick, and give a career retrospective of a time in comics that spans daily newspaper strips, biographical memoir comics, Image Indies, Marvel and DC superheroes, and best-selling all-ages comics.
This is a true celebration of the medium with every issue, looking at all the elements that make comics an interesting art form and a great place to tell visual stories. This is a magazine that cares about comics.
Some of The Judd Winick Issue contents:
- An interview between Judd Winick and editor Tiffany Babb, looking through Winick's career
- Essays on Exiles, Under the Red Hood, HiLo and Pedro & Me.
- Designer Tom Muller discusses his process for the Best of 2000AD masthead design
- David Padovani continues his series on Italian comics creators by turning his focus to the master of sequential time, Gianni De Luca
- An interview with David Chisholm on his new graphic novel Enter the Blue, and the intersection of music and comics
- Final Thoughts by Tom Shapira on Garth Ennis and John McCrea's Hitman