Zomerzon is worked from the top-down and is started with a garter stitch tab. The lace is patterned on both right and wrong side rows. The instructions for all patterning are, of course, both charted and fully written out.
This half-circle shawl is knit from the top down, starting with a garter tab cast-on. Lace patterning is worked on both RS and WS rows. Stitches used include knit, purl, yo, m1, skp, p2tog, k2tog, k3tog, and the 3-into-3 Estonian star stitch.
This pattern is suitable for the intermediate to advanced knitter.
Sizes and measurements
Finished dimensions of the sample shawl: Span width of 186 cm (73 ¼ inches) and a depth of 67 cm (26 ½ inches), measured after blocking.
Change the size of this shawl by using lighter or heavier yarn and/or working fewer (or more) repeats of the lace border. This will of course change the amount of yarn needed.
- Written for a gauge of 18 sts / 28 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over stockinette, measured after blocking.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
- Yarn: 800 m (875 yds)/ 100 g The Coloured Cat Abyssinian Lace (100% Merino; 800 m (875 yds)/ 100 g) in “Setting Sun”. Substitute a tonal lace weight singles yarn for a similar result, or a (light) fingering weight yarn for a slightly larger shawl.
- Size 3.5 mm (US 4) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles.
- Yarn needle.
- Stitch markers (optional, for use between repeats of the lace border).