What Do You Do? - EFL Lesson (A1/A2 level) - Teacher Notes and Worksheet
At this page, you can download premium resources for the Englishin3d lesson WHAT DO YOU DO? (A1/A2 level). In this download, you will receive:
- Detailed teaching notes with answer keys and tips for extension activities (PDF and docx).
- Worksheet 4b, with three exercises covering questions that are typically used when making conversation about jobs (PDF).
You will also receive two PDFs which are currently freely available at our website:
- Worksheet 2a, with comprehension and vocabulary activities based on dialogues.
- Job cards, to be used in parts 3 and 4 of the lesson.
The main lesson pages are freely available online at https://englishin3d.net/2023/02/02/what-do-you-do/.
Level: Suitable for high A1 or A2 learners.
Length: 1.5 to 2.5 hours.
Aims: To provide learners with phrases to describe their job when introducing themselves in social or professional situations. To familiarise them with questions they may be asked when speaking about their jobs.
Target language: Prepositional phrases including
- work in + industry
- work in + department
- work for + employer
- work at + workplace
- work from home.
Questions about another person’s job: for example
- What do you do?
- Which company do you work for?
- Where are you based?
Suitability: Optimised for adult learners in a group class, online or offline. With minor changes, these materials could be used one-to-one and with older teens.