This lesson is based on an image of two women working at a desk. The students discuss the possible relationships between the two woman and build a back story to the image. They then role play a conversation between them.
The lesson uses elements of critical thinking, creativity and drama to engage the students and to help stimulate their imagination.
In addition to the PDF Teachers' Guide, the lesson includes a digital presentation for use in remote or physical classrooms and a collection of interactive materials and activities.Aims:
- To enable students to open conversation and build trust and relationships with new people.
- To enable students to deal with misunderstandings and unpredictable elements in conversation.
- Digital presentation: Demo copy
- Picture description task: https://bit.ly/37skqdP
- Role card 1: https://bit.ly/3mzRmHr
- Role card 2: https://bit.ly/36vWdUH
- Summary task: https://bit.ly/3qq6PMA
- Reflection task: https://bit.ly/33DeaPm