Unlocking Storytelling text version
Learn the craft of storytelling to increase your personal impact
“The most powerful person in the world is the storyteller. The storyteller sets the vision, values and agenda of an entire generation that is to come.” – Steve Jobs
People engage with, respond to, and remember stories. Not facts and figures. Whether in film and TV, in novels, pitching a product, or telling a dinner party anecdote, great stories get people leaning in and paying attention. And those techniques can be taught!
In this six-module course, you’ll get a grounding in why stories are so powerful and improve your ability to tell your own.
Whether you want to tell stories on stage, breathe life into your next presentation, or craft richer written essays and memoirs, this workshop will sharpen your skills.
In this short text-based course you’ll
- Discover the neurological basis for the power of stories
- Break down examples of stories to understand why they ‘hook’ us
- Understand the fundamentals of story structure
- Gain techniques to identify and craft stories from our own life
- Learn a step-by-step framework for crafting compelling personal stories
- Tap into elements of vocal and physical performance to help deliver your story effectively
By the time you've finished the course, you’ll have
- An appreciation for the power of stories
- An understanding of essential story structure
- Tools to identify and mine stories from your own life
- A framework for elevating your own anecdotes and experiences into powerful stories
- Insights into how to deliver stories that get people to sit up in their seats