This comprehensive revision and study guide for Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale includes detailed, accessible notes on plot, character and theme as well as developed close analysis of crucial sections, sample questions (OCR) and example essay answers.
Complete revision guide for The Handmaid's Tale - over 110 pages of analysis exploring character, chapter, and technique. Although the exam section focuses on the A-Level OCR requirements (H472), analysis sections would be useful for teachers and students of any exam board.
- Chapter by chapter analysis:
- Key themes
- Character development
- Close analysis of language, form and structure
- Critical interpretations
- Quick reference plot summary
- Social, historical and literary context
- Assessment objectives and how to meet them
- Tips for writing comparative essays
- Practice questions
- Sample essay
- Glossary of relevant literary terms
- Wider reading list