* * * * THIS IS A PDF PATTERN, not a finished product. Your pattern will be ready for an instant download once your payment is processed. * * * *
!!!!! Please note, this is a MEASURE AND CUT PATTERN meaning all pattern pieces are cut using cutting mat, rotary cutter, and ruler. No templates are needed to make this bag !!!!!
DIMENSIONS: 11'' tall x 12'' wide on bottom x 4'' deep
Create your own super useful everyday handbag using this PDF pattern.
You will receive 12 pages of clear, easy to follow step by step instructions and color photos to make this fantastic bag.
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: intermediate
large exterior slip pocket
interior zipper pocket
interior slip pocket
main zipper closure
MATERIALS NEEDED to make Portland Tote:
*FABRIC A (main exterior) – 3/4 yard
**FABRIC B (lining) – 3/4 yard
***FUSIBLE INTERFACING – 2 yards
one (1) - 14'' long METAL OR NYLON ZIPPER
one (1) - 9'' long METAL OR NYLON ZIPPER
two (2) – 3/4'' wide x 13'' long strips of LEATHER or WEBBING for handles
one (1) – 1'' wide x 46'' long COTTON OR NYLON WEBBING for the strap
two (2) – 1'' wide D-RINGS
two (2) – 1'' wide SWIVEL HOOKS
one (1) - 1'' wide rectangular STRAP SLIDER
one (1) – HEAVY DUTY SNAP CLOSURE or KAM SNAP (optional)
ten (10) – 6-8 mm RIVETS (optional)
*FABRIC A – Essex linen, canvas, linen/cotton blend prints, denim, home décor fabric
- waxed canvas or oilskin could also be used, skip adding interfacing if using either of these
**FABRIC B – quilting cotton or canvas
***INTERFACING – my favorite is Pellon SF101 or Vlieseline G700
- Pellon Fusible Fleece could be used for the exterior panels instead if you prefer a squishier, more sturdy bag
cutting mat, ruler, and rotary cutter
Wonder clips and/or pins
disappearing fabric marker or fine chalk pen
small sharp fabric scissors
90/14 or 110/18 (jeans/denim) needle for your sewing machine
heavy duty snap or KAM snap setting tool (optional)
leather hole punch + rivet setting tool (optional)
* * * * Please note, there are no refunds on instant download patterns.
* * * * Buying this pattern allows you to make and sell items on a small, handmade scale (please credit sotak patterns in your written description).
Thank you for your purchase. Please let me know if you have any questions. Svetlana