- 19 pages (15 sheets with chord exercises)
- Printable PDF File
- Guitar book for beginners and teachers
- Useful for beginners of all ages
- Exercises with Beginners Chords
- Chord Progressions
- Rhythms and rests
- All of these chords are featured at least once: A, Am, A7, Asus2, B7, C, Cmaj7, Cadd9, D, Dm, E, Em, Em7, F#m, F, G, G6, Gmaj7, G7.
This ‘Beginners Guitar Chords’ easy reading book has been written following a year of testing and planning and with the knowledge and experience of over 10 years of guitar teaching.
The book is designed in a large ‘easy reading’ format, to be accessible for primary school age, whilst also being suitable for older children and adults.
The book contains 15 exercise sheets. On each sheet, you read the chords in the same order you would read a book; top left to top right, then bottom left to bottom right. The goal for each sheet is not to leave a gap in between chords, and to play each sheet continuously 4 times in a row. The numbers in the black circles are the finger numbers. These are suggestions as a guide, so other fingers can be used if preferred or more comfortable.
By the end of the book, the beginner guitar player should be ready to start playing songs that have beginners chords in. The student will have build up a good basic understanding of strumming, counting and chord changes.
The book covers most of the beginners chords you need for starting to play songs. It also covers techniques and fundamentals such as strumming, strumming rhythms, rests, repeats, and counting.
Make sure to spend plenty of time on each sheet and try not to work on too many sheets at once if you are new to guitar chords. Get comfortable and confident on each one before moving on and try to limit yourself to no more than 3 sheets per session or lesson. You could tick each sheet as you go along and make notes on the sides where needed. Once you have done more work and practice on the book, you might be able to do more sheets in one lesson or practice session.
The usual info
- When you purchase this book online, you get a pdf file to keep forever.
- Please do not redistribute the file or printed book publically or for profit.
- Teachers can send the PDF file to individual students to practice with.
- Teachers can print the book or single sheets as required for their students as many times as they like.
- Feel free to make copies of the PDF file or printed copies, but only for personal or educational use or for keeping backups.
Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy the book!
Theo Lawrence / TL Music Lessons
This book is listed on my blog learnguitarforfree.com
and sold via payhip.com/tlmusiclessons
1st Edition ebook self published in 2019 by Theo Lawrence / TL Music Lessons.