Think Sheets & Admin Sheets - Junior - Behaviour Management
INSTRUCTIONS - Think Sheets Junior
BEHAVIOUR MANAGEMENT - INSTRUCTIONS - Better Ways to Happy Days ©
Better Ways strives to provide a school wide, clear, consistent and universal, behaviour system. When expectations and consequences are clear to all, we can deliver consistency from adults, and students can make educated behaviour choices.
· Introduce think sheets as ‘A positive tool that will help keep us all safe, happy and on track to being SUPER STARS’
· The action of ticking, triggers a positive thought process, ensure that the mind set questions are read and ticked as a first step
· The repetition of these statements and the super star goals, on each sheet helps to develop positive thought patterns
· Ensure that students know to read the whole sheet each time
· State the rule broken and the action that needs to be taken e.g. “take the think sheet to the quiet area”
· Look for feelings behind the student’s behaviours to help prevent and de-escalate in the future
· Move on quickly, praise good choices, be consistent
· Use in conjunction with Better Ways Rules Poster and Behaviour Chart for a whole behaviour system
· Discuss the expectations and consequences, with all students, every morning, as part of the set up for a great day (for a whole behaviour system use Better Ways Peg Chart and Rules Poster)
· Show students the think sheets and explain how and when they are used
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE:
· Print on both sides of 2 pages (you may choose to print on different colours for each page for easy reference e.g. pink slip/blue slip)
· PAGE 1 - Think sheet/Buddy Class - for in class management
· PAGE 2 - Office Admin/Apology - student to complete with admin team
BWTHD has a range of resources that use consistent language and can be implemented throughout your school as whole school behaviour management tools. Consistency is key. Why not become a Better Ways School today?
If you like our resources please like our page, share and follow. Thank you.