About This Pattern
- written instructions
- charted instructions
- worked in the round
- screen reader and print challenged accessible version
Materials92 yards (84 meters) 4-ply yarn in each of 2 colours (184 yards / 168 meters total)
2mm needles (or size needed for gauge) suitable for working in the round
3 stitch markers, 1 of which you can tell apart from the others
your preferred blocking equipment
SizingMidas comes in three sizes: small, medium, and large (S, M, L) and is designed to be worn with around 1" / 2.5cm negative ease.
Small: 6" tall by 5.1" diameter (15cm tall by 12.6cm diameter) to fit hands up to 6.1" (15.5cm) at knuckle / wrist.
Medium: 6" tall by 5.9" diameter (15cm tall by 12.7cm diameter) to fit hands up to 6.9" (17.5cm) at knuckle / wrist, with an option to work an additional repeat to extend the length to 7" / 18cm (see page 3).
Large: 7" tall by 6.7" diameter (18cm tall by 17cm diameter) to fit hands up to 7.7" (19.6cm) at knuckle / wrist.
Accessible VersionThe accessible version of this pattern is included with your download. It has been formatted to suit low vision / print challenged knitters and to be compatible with screen readers.
Specifically, the pattern:
- 24 point sans-serif font (Arial) throughout
- Fully saturated black text on white background
- Single column layout
- Left-aligned text
- No italics
- No header or footer – just page numbers (bottom left)
- Consistent use of heading tags for easy navigation
- Internal links to aid navigation
- All instructions written out in text without reliance on diagrams or charts
- All words written out in full (i.e. no abbreviations)
- No bulleted lists
- No tables*
All of my patterns have been tested and tech edited, and include details of how to contact me should you need pattern support.
Please note that patterns are for personal use only. If you would like to use one of my patterns to make items to sell or for teaching a class, please get in touch. Yarn store owners are very welcome to make samples.