USA coach Arnie Ball spent over 30 years coaching at IPFW, primarily with the men's team, though he also coached the women for several years, and prior to that coached boys and girls in high school. He is father of legendary US national team setter Lloy Ball.
His resume includes:
- Nearly 800 combined NCAA match victories, more than 500 of which came on the men's side.
- Six trips to the men's NCAA Final 4, including a runner-up finish
- Three-time conference Coach of the Year and 2007 AVCA National Coach of the Year
- AVCA Hall of Fame inductee
- Worked for USA Volleyball in a variety of coaching roles.
Here's some of what Arnie discusses in his interview:
- Being a demanding coach
- Coaching men vs. coaching women
- Developments in and the future of men's NCAA volleyball
- Having a star player for a son
- Being professional as coaches