This is a pattern for knitting a lace snowflake.
Knit these from the center out in cotton, linen, or hemp and then starch to use as ornaments. Knit in any fiber and use as appliqués. Good for using up leftovers from other projects.
For experienced or confident knitters. None of the techniques used are particularly difficult on their own, but the combination of some of them is a little finicky.
- casting on for the center of a doily
- knitted cast on
- multiple yarn-overs in a row
- knitting through the back loop
- knit two together
- bind off (knit two, pass one stitch over)
- You could easily use Magic Loop or 2 circulars; I used double-pointed needle. The pattern is needle agnostic.
Uses 8 - 10 yards (7 - 9 m) of laceweight cotton.
(Out of curiosity, I tried this in worsted weight on size 8 needles and it took 19 yards.)
Thanks to my tech editor and test knitters!