Written and charted instructions for the patterned central section are included. Written directions for the central section and plain stockinette/increase section are written separately and must be read together to work each row.
The Think Pink shawl starts with a garter stitch tab, and the patterning is worked on both RS and WS rows. Stitches used include knit, purl, yo, make 1 with a backward loop, right and left twist stitches, a knot stitch, a centered double decrease as well as knitting tbl.
This pattern is suitable for the intermediate to advanced knitter.
Sizes and finished measurements
One size: Wingspan of 180 cm (71 inches) along the upper edge and a depth of 67 cm (26 ½ inches), measured after blocking.
Adjust the sizing by using a different weight yarn and/or working a different number of repeats of the body pattern or the border. This will, of course, change the amount of yarn needed.
- Gauge: 14.5 sts / 23 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over stockinette, measured after blocking. Gauge is, however, not critical in this design.
- Pattern languages included: English, the Dutch version will be available soon. (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 6 pages (letter size)
- Yarn: 800 m (875 yds) / 400 g Debbie Bliss Piper (50% Cotton, 50% Rayon; 200 m (219 yds) / 100 g) in 12016 Magenta. Substitute any cotton/rayon blend DK weight yarn for a similar result.
- Size 4 mm (US 6) / 100 cm (40 inches) circular needles
- Size 4.5 mm (US 7) knitting needle (for bind-off only)
- Yarn needle
- 2 stitch markers to indicate the center section
- Stitch markers to indicate repeats of the central patterning (optional)